The joys and frustrations of a cattle class traveler...

"But when I decided to cross the preconceived limitations I've set myself earlier; my fence posts
were moved and my boundaries extended!
"...Georgine Crawford

Friday, November 26, 2010

Random images of The Philippines



My travel bug I believed got stuck with me at the early age of nine when one time my whole family attended an annual church conference near Baguio City.  One morning I just had this thought that I was so close to Baguio and I could not bear to go back home without me going to the city!  I was also dying for some strawberries which at that time is a luxury to kids from my province as we cannot grow strawberry in our region due to the heat. All I had was a few pesos from my butchered piggy bank and a child's capacity or incapacity to fear!

I roamed around the city, back then the place was still safe and quiet. I had a ball while my parents and grand parents were unaware where I was.  I managed to sneak back into the dorm where we stayed before my folks returned from the conference.  But my mother saw the punnets of strawberries.  I had to tell her, you can imagine what I coped after that.  Below are random images of the Philippines:

A Day Out @ Boracay Island

Flower Wholesalers: Dimasalang, Quiapo, Manila
Vigan, Ilocos Sur

Jeepney, local mode of transport
Sumaging Cave, Sagada, Mt. Province
This could be me in 20 years...Sagada, Mt Province
The town of Sagada, Mt Province
Mt Batur with our Guide...
Sunset @ Donsol, Philippines


Quiapo Church, Manila

one of the many waterfalls in Pagsanjan, Laguna



Shooting the rapids at Pagsanjan, Laguna

Sunset @ Donsol Beach, Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment